This website was created by The Western Isles Violence against Women (VAW) Partnership, which seeks to reduce and prevent incidents of gender-based violence through effective co-operation between the private, public and voluntary sectors in the provision of high quality appropriate services and the protection of adults and children affected by, or at risk of suffering, relationship violence and abuse.
Who Are We?
The Outer Hebrides Violence against Women (VAW) Partnership comprises representation from:
- Police Scotland
- NHS Western Isles
- Child Protection
- Equality and Diversity
- Adult Support and Protection
- Sexual Health
- Western Isles Council (CnES)
- Justice Social Work Services
- Education and Children’s Services
- Recovery Worker (Addiction)
- Homeless Services
- Scottish Children's Reporter Administration
- Action for Children
- Western Isles Women’s Aid
- Outer Hebrides Child Protection Committee
- Western Isles Rape Crisis Centre
- Outer Hebrides Alcohol and Drug Partnership (ADP) Hebridean Housing Partnership
- Scottish Fire & Rescue Service
What Do We Do?
The Violence against Women Partnership is responsible for the implementation of the Scottish Government’s Equally Safe Strategy, at local level, adopting a partnership approach to prevention, provision and protection whilst supporting effective participation.