The Co-op Local Community Fund is now open for applications to not-for-profit groups wishing to fund a specific project that benefits their community. They are ideally looking for new causes that have not previously received this support, which cover as much of Lewis and Harris as possible, and support diversity and inclusion.
If your funding application is successful, the Co-op will work with you for 12 months. The more members that shop with Co-op and choose to support your project, the more funding you will receive.
To apply for funding, you need to send your application by 11 June 2023.
Check if you can apply for funding here: causes.coop.co.uk
You can apply if your project:
- brings people together to access food
- helps to improve people's mental wellbeing
- creates opportunities for young people to be heard and make a difference
- helps people to save and restore nature or tackle climate change
Your project must also take place in the UK or Isle of Man and take place or still be running after November 2024.
To apply, your group needs to:
- be registered or based in the UK
- have their own bank account
- operating in your local community
Groups that can apply include:
- churches or chapels that are excepted charities (that means they do not need to register with the Charities Commission)
- co-operative societies
- community benefit societies
- Community Interest Companies
- credit unions
- registered charities in the UK or Isle of Man
- social enterprises
- Scout, Guide or Woodcraft Folk groups
- any other group that can prove that they are not-for-profit
You must apply by midnight on 11 June 2023, and you'll find out whether your application has been successful or not by email in October 2023. If you are successful, you'll be part of the Local Community Fund for 12 months, from 22 October 2023 to 19 October 2024, and you'll receive funds in November 2024.
To find out how much funding is available in your local area, enter your postcode near the bottom of this page: Find Postcode
To apply, visit co-operate.coop.co.uk.